Friday, March 9, 2018


                                       Abortion for all Down Syndrome fetuses?

This is an editorial post from The Washington Post talking about what the rights should be not only for women but also for down syndrome fetuses in the womb. Ruth Marcus the writer of this article was straight to the point with what her opinion was. I do agree with her to a certain extent. I believe I women should have the right to choose what she wants to do when terminating a pregnancy only if it is known that the baby is coming into this world with disabilities. Ruth's whole disagreement here is the fact that a couple of states are out to pass a law stating that Doctors will no longer be able to provide people carrying a down syndrome child an abortion. She did have good statistics of why bringing a child into this world with down syndrome would be a challenge. She was also good at wanting to understand the other side of things like going through the pregnancy and having a child with down syndrome. Of course, she was a little harsh at being very direct on what she believed. Ruth did provide us a very elaborate well-written article on trying to convince us why this isn't a subject matter that should even be thought about. It should just be done! Of course, I believe that this is a very sticky topic that can go multiple directions this is why it has been very controversial for this long.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-wouldve-aborted-a-fetus-with-down-syndrome-women-need-that-right/2018/03/09/3aaac364-23d6-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.c6d8a3e6e07b


 

1 comment:

  1. Hello sorry had to do this :P
    Abortion use to not bother me when I was younger. I believed that women should have a choice in the matter do to the fact that it is their body. Later though I got to meet lot of interesting people around our country, and learned more about the subject. What made me change and abortion started bother me morally is when I visited the human museum. When it came to Austin and I saw one exhibit that showed the stages of a baby it showed them from the start and broken down to weeks. It was good experience and I learned a lot. At the end I ask our guide sort of where they got the baby from and most of it came from abortion. That really made me blink, now I still believe that abortion is still necessary should be done for those who need it. I've travelled around and met a lot of people from all sorts of culture, and I guess what really bother me from abortion is the fact your taking a person potential of life. I have a friend I have mentored and seen grown up and he has down syndrome and reading this article had to comment on it. I truly believe if its life you should give it a chance though I won't blame or argue with someone who get an abortion because I'm not them.

    ReplyDelete